From the Charlotte Observer
June 14, 1914
- Mrs. George SMITH is visiting in Boston
- Miss Essie HARDY of Norfolk is the guest of Mrs. L. MCCULLEN here for a few days
- Cards reading as follows have been sent out this week: “Mr. & Mrs. W.F. WYATT request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter Jessie to Mr. Thomas Carl ETHERIDGE Wednesday evening, June seventeenth nineteen hundred and fourteen at six o’clock “Edgewater” Bridgeton, North Carolina.” at home after July the first Snow Hill, N.C.
- Mrs. James DILLAHUNT has returned to her home in Smithfield after a visit of several weeks with friends here.
- Mrs. D.F. WOOTEN is spending a few days at Seven Springs
- The marriage of Dr. J.V. HOWARD, a former Lenoir County man now a surgeon in the Navy attached to one of the Pacific stations, is made known by the following card, received by friends here this week. “Mrs. Hugh Summer WYMAN announces the marriage of her daughter Prudence Estelle to Dr. Jasper Victor HOWARD United States Navy on Thursday, May the twenty-eight nineteen hundred and fourteen, Olympia, Washington.