Kinston Free Press
23 Dec 1898
- Mr. F.A. MOSELEY went to Greenville Sunday.
- Mrs. D.H. DIXON returned Friday from visiting at Newbern.
- Mr. D.W. CLARK visited in Kinston last Monday and Tuesday.
- Mess. T.M. and Will HOOKER, of Greenville, came Sunday and returned Monday.
- Dr. T.M. JORDAN and Mr. Ike PRIDGEN went to Raleigh Monday and returned Tuesday.
- Mrs. J.W. BROWN, of Greenvile, came Sunday to visit friends and relatives for several days.
- Miss Julia TAYLOR and brother Mr. C.H., went to LaGrange Thursday to visit for a few days.
- Mr. John D. GRIMSLEY, who lives about six miles from here, lost his gin house and twelve bales of cotton by fire Saturday morning about 4 o’clock. Origin of the fire unknown.